my sanctuary.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Attend C.

Took me real long to pluck up the courage to come back here again. Desperately trying to think up something interesting to write about, but there really almost is none.

 

Today’s the last day of my ridiculously long 7 day MC. I feel like i’ve ripped the army off to take a nice break for myself. 7 days is pretty substantial considering that most block leaves don’t last more than 14 days anyway.

Dang now i feel it. The enormous inertia that is preventing me from getting back to camp. Loads of work and mugging and tests for me to cath backon when i get back. Gonna be a crazy week.

 

The last couple of weeks at Nee Soon has been fun. Combat Engineers offer a wide range of interesting stuff to learn (and mug for). Beats chiong sua-ing hands down. Poor Infantry Cadets will be flying off to Brunei for JCC pretty soon. I hope they all get back in one piece.

The ultimate plus-point for Combat Engineers is the friday bookouts. Of course, a little compensation required by doing e-learning on saturday mornings. IMO, a small price to pay for the added freedom. But all in all, the extensive mugging required, weekday or weekend, can be quite taxing. On some days, lectures can start at 8 and end at 6. We mostly all get slain when it comes to tests. Hah yes, welcome to the Army.

3G Army, 2G soldiers, 1G equipment. Thus is the current state of the transformation. Not too bad a time to be serving NS I would say, but I sure hope 1G will be a thing of the past soon.

 

SOT graduation this Sunday. Really proud of all them students. While I led a relatively carefree life, they took on the challenge of a not-so-relaxed school term. Kudos to them for having endured all the way – of course not forgetting the chao recruit who fought hard, although in the end he was forced to withdraw.

Shux. Sunday got Army half. Basket. I really pray I can make it in time for grad service.

1 Comments:

  • thats so army!
    haha!

    Joy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:46 pm  

Post a Comment



<< Home